Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Hyundai

image2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Long-Term Road Test

We review the fuel economy in our long-term 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe for February.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Well, that's not very impressive - mostly highway miles but still can't even reach the combined figure - and 20 mpg is a very reachable combined figure for this class of vehicle, I would say.
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    @fordson1: You may not be impressed by the efficiency of the Santa Fe but you can't say 20 mpg is "very reachable" for this class. Edmunds had a long term Explorer with an underpowered ecoboost engine and front wheel drive and that car just crac
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    I think the average for this vehicle on Fuelly's website is 20mpg. for a vehicle that is driven by a bunch of people who don't own it and get free gas... I think 19.4 is pretty darn good.

Fuelly's averages are pretty reliable from what I have seen. That website is what I used to research our CX-9's real world mpg before purchasing it. IIRC it was 18mpg and that is what we have been averaging with a good mix of city/highway.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @legacygt: I don't necessarily agree on the value of these vehicles. Now, if we're comparing to Sequoia, Suburban, and Expedition owners who like a bigger vehicle and need/want six or seven passenger capacity or the cargo space, but don't need the towing
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Hey, looks like somebody's doing some wheeling! You're at about 2 on the 10 point scale there. Where did you go?
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    @legacygt - fair enough, but I'm looking at a curb weight of 4068 lb. for this vehicle - I'm thinking the minivans and the Explorer were all like 500 lbs. heavier, and all were taller and wider=more frontal area. And I would hope Hyndai's AWD system woul