Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jeep

image2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Long Term Road Test

Read daily updates on our long-term road test of the 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 and follow along as our editors live with this car for a year.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    jeepsrtjeepsrt Member Posts: 88
    I owned the first gen SRT8 and live in Colorado Springs at 6700 ft above sea level, and while it felt less powerful than at sea level it still broke the tires loose off the line. As for the new one I would get the 2014 with new Nav and 8spd trans but not for $70k+ it's just not worth it for a Jeep. Also this new site is just a mess, I have to log in numerous times and can't comment on the Grand National as it's not available. When is Edmunds going to get a clue and fix this "upgrade"???

P.S- What's hot is probably the worst name ever, sound's like my Grandma came up with it.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    The main downers for the diesel: you need to refill the pee (urea) tank with oil changes and you will also need to pony up $4,500 for the privilege of that engine. It's definitely not as expensive as the SRT, but something to be aware of.

In this application (bigass truck) a diesel makes the most sense because of power at low revs and better fuel economy, but keep in mind that ultimate horsepower is also lower, should you need to wind your massive SUV out to attack an on-ramp =)
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    A very wise conclusion. 13 mpg worth of (in SoCal) $5/gallon gas? So with my 250-mile/week driving, that's $96 on gas? $400 a month...for gas? NFW.