Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Jaguar XF Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jaguar

Comments

• Options
    yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    That labor rate seems high. Did they also do an on-car resurface job?

I did rear pads recently for $15 for Hawk HPS pads.
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    That's pretty hideous pricing for changing pads. The parts cost has to be mostly due to the sensor, right? I'm not even going to ask about labor.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    I assume the parts price is owing to the sensor and what I should hope are really high quality pads. I have no idea what work goes into replacing the sensor but can it really add all that much labor on top of what is usually a really quick part swap?
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I'm not going to get into the price. 23k miles? This car is going to be dinging the owner $500 for rear pads every 23k miles? Does this aspect of it seem worthy of addressing, Josh?
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    I guess if you can get past the $70,000 it 'dings' you for when you drive it off the lot then $2000 for rear brakes over 100,000 miles isn't bad :) --- and then there's that it has used nearly 1400 gallons of premium in those 23,000 miles (which is roughly $1200 more than the ATS would or $3600 more than the Prius C)
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Gah! Why didn't you ask about fixing the unknown rattle while you were there... The whole reason it wasn't going to be looked at is because you didn't feel like taking it to the dealership when its going to be leaving soon, right? You could just have told the dealer when they called about authorizing the repair. Oh well.
  • Options
    jrisedenjriseden Member Posts: 4
    Only the rears needed to be changed? You're clearly not driving this thing aggressively enough. :D
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    So what sort of brake pad did they put on? Formula 1 carbon nanotube brake pads?
  • Options
    duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    @zimtheinvader: For perspective, $2000 is about 130% the cost of a clutch replacement on a regular front wheel drive compact... one that is typically an 8 hour job...