Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Infiniti JX35 Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in INFINITI

image2013 Infiniti JX35 Long Term Road Test

Heated and cooled front seats have become a must in upper end luxury cars and crossovers, but Infiniti does them right.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    What are you talking about? The ability to retain the setting you had it on is independent of whether you have a dial, or a button or whatever. My wife's Sienna Limited has a dial, and remembers your setting when you start up again. My SVT Focus has buttons...and it also turns on again upon restart if it was on when you shut down. My GTI has buttons, but does not remember, but that ability can be programmed in by the dealer or by the owner in a couple of minutes. None of that has anything to do with the control interface itself!
  • evodadevodad Member Posts: 135
    Seems almost like the dial is out of necessity because of the number of options (without making it a selection in a touchscreen - annoying or having multiple buttons - annoying, unsightly, takes up too much space). Definitely seems like a nice execution though.

I'm curious what your CRV has, my wifes 2011 crv has sort of a toggle type switch that has three positions, high, low and off and it stays where you put it just like the infiniti.
  • ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    Another advantage to memory - if you remote start the car on a cold (or hot) day, the seat will be ready for your pampered butt when you get there.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    Cars need more dials and fewer buttons, where gradation is required.
  • spencerkatzspencerkatz Member Posts: 2
    I don't like it. I prefer BMW's approach. It doesn't stay where you left it, but it stays on if you are only out of the car for a short amount of time. Therefore, if you run to the ATM, it is still on when you get back in and turn the car on. Our Audi is always where you left it and more often than not I get out having had the seat heater on, and then get it, not realize it is still on, and then end up burning my rear off.