Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Hyundai

image2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe has second row captain chairs.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• dtoyedtoye Member Posts: 1
    This is the same setup in mini vans. I think it is the way to go, at least for my situation. I person with long legs could seat in the middle of the 3rd row and stretch their long legs.
  • sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    Simple. If you want second row Captain's chairs get a minivan! The third row in a minivan is much better than anything in these three-row mid-size SUV poser mobiles.
  • carfreak13carfreak13 Member Posts: 17
    @dtoye the only problem with what you are saying is that this, and many other suv' only have two seats in the third row. thats why it only seats six passengers
  • legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Agree with the post. In a family with 4 kids where two of the kids are in car seats, then captains chairs make sense. The car seats can go in the second row and the other kids can get to the third row easily. But for other situations, I'd much rather have the additional seat.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    +1 sharpend.
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    Definitely prefer the captain's chairs, and wish they were available in my Journey (although the flexible seating is still pretty great). If more three-row, non-minivan vehicles had this, then the third row would be used a lot more!
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Captain's chairs really kill the argument that you bought a behemoth SUV because you needed the room to fit people. All that extra weight and size, and you can only fit one more person than a mid-size sedan. My wagon can seat 8 in a pinch. That's how you fit a lot of people.