Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Infiniti JX35 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in INFINITI

image2013 Infiniti JX35 Long-Term Road Test

Our Long-Term Test of the 2013 Infiniti JX35 is complete after 12 months and 20,957 miles. Here's how the luxury crossover fared as a daily driver.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• vroom2vroom2 Member Posts: 3
    So Infiniti gave you a luxury SUV for a year free of charge and in return you said nice things about it.
  • lonestar98lonestar98 Member Posts: 48
    Here are some observations:

No daytime running lights on US models, not even an option. Not happy abou that tone.

There are LATCH anchor points in the middle row only. Unlike in a minivan, where there are anchors in the third row seat cushions.

The seatbelt buckles coming out of the seat are very short, meaning kids in boosters have to really struggle to put belts on themselves. As they push down, the buckle falls down into the seat cushion like a scared turtle.

We manage acceptable range from the fuel tank. More fuel capacity would be better, but it does not bother us.

LED lights are only in the drive and passenger exterior pull handles, how much more could it have been to put them in the rear doors as well?

Speaking of LEDs, on a 50k + car, LEDs should really used in a lot more locations such as the interior lighting and license plate.

On top trim models, the exterior mirrors should really be electrochromic. In notice the new Q50 sedan offers this, why not on this model?

Power is fine, more than acceptable for our needs. CVT is also very smooth, but longevity concerns, especially when this vehicle is used to haul so many people and lots of cargo is a concern.

Quality is somewhat lacking, we have had to take our JX back for some incorrectly assembled items and there are flaws in the paint where dust appears to have been trapped inside the paint and the door jambs aren't thoroughly painted.

Funny odors from the AC if you let the system manage recirculation, you have to turn off recirc before shutting down the vehicle or when you fire it back up you'll get a wet sock smell.

Overall, a very capable vehicle. We like it a lot, no vehicle is perfect. I do think, however, that Infiniti should add a few more features such as LED lighting, dimming exterior mirrors, etc
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    I'd like to know how the fuel economy was compromised by Mr Oldham continually giving this car 87 instead of premium.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    How come you cannot view comments on this entry without leaving one? Somebody forgot to put the link on the page.
  • canddmeyercanddmeyer Member Posts: 410
    Do you folks realize the last 10 or more vehicles you've tested 90% of the population can't afford? Get real and test some Civic's, Corolla's Elantra's, Camry's, Accord's, and whatever there is under $30,000 as all the vehicles tested lately are $45,000 or more. Edmunds is out of touch with its readership, what little remains after IL got dumped.
  • obie1974obie1974 Member Posts: 1
    This is a pretty fair discussion on the JX. My experience after 14 months is that it is an incredibly nice riding vehicle, especially with all the options. I'm getting 24.1 mpg on long trips, averaging 65 mph. For a cruising vehicle, it has more than enough power. It handles very well on windy roads even though some complain about excessive body roll. Driving the Oregon and California coast highway with a full load of luggage and 4 adults, it handled very well on those nasty roads and nobody got car sick. I understand that the late model JX and new QX60 have a different transmission. I'm very satisfied with the CVT especially since you can manually shift the transmission. My only beef is that Infiniti changed the name after the first year. Just doesn't make sense to me.