Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Jaguar F-Type First Drive

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jaguar

image2014 Jaguar F-Type First Drive

Edmunds' first drive of the new 2014 Jaguar F-Type. Includes on-road driving impressions, specs, photos and more.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    I hope that the coupe is a good chunk lighter than the 3600+ quoted here. That's almost XK weight. Looking forward to the coupe and hoping it is lighter and less expensive.
  • shatnershatner Member Posts: 176
    Nice car, but no manual is a deal breaker, and I would like it better without a touchscreen.
    A BMW z4 or even a Acura 2000 would be more fun to drive for me.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    Beautiful sheet metal and a modern interior. That "arm" on the passenger side of the center console looks strange and seems like it intrudes too much on knee room for taller passengers. Is there for structural rigidity?
  • nybigmoneynybigmoney Member Posts: 2
    is land rover trying to have all there new cars look like
    the evoque? the rear has evoque styling.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Call me crazy, but an LSD should be standard on a $69k sports car.
  • carmageddoncarmageddon Member Posts: 11
    The absence of a manual transmission may enrage auto blog commenters but will likely have next to no impact on people who might actually buy one of these things. Our local Porsche dealer currently has 37 911's, Boxsters and Caymans in stock; precisely two have sticks. And my guess is that those two cars, both of which are just released Caymans, will likely satisfy demand for sticks for the foreseeable future. As Porsche, Ferrari, et al have all concluded, real live high end sports car buyers (as opposed to the imaginary kind found on the web) pretty much all now want cars that shift for themselves.
  • jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    @bankderdanny - I totally agree that a LSD should be standard. It comes standard on a G37 sedan, so why not a $69K sports car? I understand, however, that base Boxsters and Caymans lack this as well - insanity!
  • jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    Wow. Eurocar prices are just on a whole other level lately. Luckily I'm poor enough that I'll never be stuck in a room with the guy who'd buy this and want to tell me all about it and himself. And don't look now, but his teen boy popped the paddle shifters off and hit em with orange spray paint. He's gonna be sooo grounded!