Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Kia

image2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2014 Kia Cadenza Limited has fancy wheels, too fancy for my tastes.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    Chrome wheels, Hankook tires... yuk.
  • markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Ugh, I would not like to clean those either as I'd jam my fingers everytime trying to get in between the spokes. No thanks.
  • rxanandrxanand Member Posts: 33
    Not to mention ridiculously now profile tires
  • hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    Ack...

Chrome + 100 spokes = LOSE. EVERY. TIME.
  • arktctrarktctr Member Posts: 2
    Totally agree...although I also believe that chrome wheels should be abolished altogether...
  • joner800joner800 Member Posts: 80
    i like the style, but would like the overall package better in alloy. and, yeah, it would take about 5 minutes per rim to get those babies clean.
  • ocramidajzjocramidajzj Member Posts: 91
    IMO. Don't like the style and the cleaning would give me an headache.
  • majin_ssj_ericmajin_ssj_eric Member Posts: 49
    I like the aesthetics of them but agree that washing them would be a pain.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Nothing wrong with Hankook tyres if you get the right ones.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    I'm especially concerned by how much the spokes of the wheel seem to protrude. Looks like a sure recipe for lots of curb scrapes. I've had chrome wheel and enjoyed them when they're inset from the tire.
  • vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    >Nothing wrong with Hankook tyres if you get the right ones.< While you may be right, how do we know which one is the "right one?" I bought a set of Kuhmo KR-21 because of positive reviews on Tire Rack. Immediately after installing them, I was horrified by how terrible they were. No traction. A few months later I took a loss on them and got a set of Micheline Primacy MXV4, which were terrific. I will always stick to Continental, Michelin and Bridgestone.
  • dg0472dg0472 Member Posts: 89
    Another reason I went out of my way to avoid the Technology Package/Limited.
  • rthomashoferrthomashofer Member Posts: 1
    I have them on my Cadenza. Under a minute to clean. All gaps wide enough for a towel wrapped finger.