Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Kia

image2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

The adaptive cruise control in the 2014 Kia Cadenza cuts the stress in stop-and-go traffic.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• kirkhilles_kirkhilles_ Member Posts: 151
    Cool! Thanks for including an article on this technology - I'm VERY eager to someday get automated technology in my vehicle. The whole "need to wake it up with the accelerator" thing is very confusing. Why do you need to do this? In addition, a closer distance CAN be good, but when traffic is more of a medium level (stop, go 30 mph, slow down, speed up) being that close is generally not how I prefer to drive as you don't want to be slamming on your brakes all the time (if the guy in front of you does) or you might get rear ended.
  • gslippygslippy Member Posts: 514
    Very interesting story! I've never known how this works in practice, so thanks for posting it. I agree, it would be hard to trust such a system. All I really want is a 2-setting cruise control - one for 55 mph and another for 65 mph. It's maddening to encounter various speed limits around urban areas while using cruise.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Looking at the message in the display it looks like you could use the accelerator or press resume on the steering wheel. Why not just press resume instead of tapping the pedal?
  • autoboy16autoboy16 Member Posts: 992
    I want this feature on my next vehicle