Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Kia

image2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

A car shopper's comparison between the 2014 Kia Cadenza and the 2014 Hyundai Genesis sedan.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• igve2shtzigve2shtz Member Posts: 12
    Wouldn't it make more sense to compare the Cadenza to the Hyundai Azera, on which it is based rather than a Hyundai Genesis which could be considered a different class of car?
  • markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    My wife likes the Cadenza's looks, but I like the Genesis' rwd, V-8 option, and overall more solid looks.
  • rm2008rm2008 Member Posts: 31
    igve2shtz,

I considered comparing it to the Azera, but the Kia is $4,900 more expensive. The prices and level of equipment was a better match with the Genesis.

-Ron Montoya, Consumer Advice Editor.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    "...makes due..."? Try blaming that one on auto-correct.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    The Azera is $32,250 and the Cadenza is $35,100 - there isn't $4,900 difference in the prices - there's $2,850. And comparing the Genesis with a Cadenza is like comparing a Lexus IS350 with an ES350. Those two are only $520 apart, but nobody's cross-shopping them, regardless of what pricing similarities there are. C'mon.
  • nlxstevenlxsteve Member Posts: 4
    igve2shtz is right. Cadenza = Azera. Both FWD platforms. K900 = Genesis. If you look at the pricing schemes of the Optima vs Sonata, Kia's will be priced a bit higher typically.

Kia doesn't currently have anything that lines up with the Equus. Trust me I'm Korean! lol
  • dg0472dg0472 Member Posts: 89
    You can't really reasonably compare the base Azera and Cadenza since the Azera lost standard Nav. and comparing the top trim Cadenza to the top trim Azera doesn't make sense since there's so much you can't get on the Azera, such as lane departure and adaptive cruise. Comparing the middle trim Cadenza to the top Azera makes the most since and after adding floor mats to the Azera, the difference is $980. You don't get rear door sunshades in the Cadenza, but you can't get a heated wheel in the Azera. Rain sensing wipers were on the TG Azera, but are gone for the HG version. Also, the Azera has HIDs, but they're not adaptive. The Azera does have 19" wheels vs. 18" for the Cadenza, if that's important, but that actually was a negative for me. I think the Azera is the nicer looking car, but the Kia's packaging works better for me.
  • dg0472dg0472 Member Posts: 89
    Sense, not since. And I should have said the Hyundai is the one that's $980 less. Stupid edit-less commenting system.
  • jdubbs115_jdubbs115_ Member Posts: 4
    Lol you people make it so difficult to have an on topic discussion. The article was prompting a comparison to the Genesis, and all you all can do is bring up the Azera. Is entertaining the thought such a hard thing to do???
  • joner800joner800 Member Posts: 80
    The Genesis is a no-brainer for me here, and the reasons are purely aesthetic. i also agree that i would prefer the 2015 due to some features they have added, along with the face-lift.