Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Jeep Wrangler Long Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Jeep

image2012 Jeep Wrangler Long Term Road Test

Read daily updates on our long-term road test of the 2012 Jeep Wrangler and follow along as our editors live with this car for a year.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• yaymx5_yaymx5_ Member Posts: 49
    6 hours in a Wrangler on 101? ...fun?
  • jpnpowerjpnpower Member Posts: 0
    EXACTLY!!! Also, the aging tech will really become an annoyance later. It's why I skipped on the nav for my trusty XLE Camry, and stuck with the 6 disk changing big button easy to use entertainment system. It's also not outrageously bright when I don't need it.

This is one reason why I hate the new "standard touch screen" trend. Hell, I hate "standard equip" trend in general. "I don't give a damn about Bluetooth or phone link, blindspot, ultra high tech backup cam, leather dash, etc bundled into standard packages! Give me back my choices and a cheaper car!!!"
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @jpnpower: I'm with you. Most in-car technology is far from cutting edge when its released, let alone a couple of years down the road into your ownership. I only need climate and radio controls. I have a phone for calls and a TomTom that works like a char
  • jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    ^^That's right - properly adjusted mirrors do wonders. You just have to trust that the paint remains on your doors without you looking at them while driving...
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Actualsize, you forgot drawback #3 - this one is for other drivers who have to watch out for Google Map/smartphone users lunging over 2 lanes scrabbling for their smartphones that were just pulled from their "secure" dashboard perches onto the floor of the car by their charging cords, when the owner snagged it while reaching for his cup of coffee.
  • schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433
    The Android version of Google Maps allows you to store an offline geographic area. I've cached the entire bay area, so I don't need any cellular data connection to use navigation.
  • autoboy1autoboy1 Member Posts: 2
    I use a pad of velcro to attach my phone to my dashboard. I hate all this new car tech. Why do I need a crappy outdated nav system when my phone can do it already. Give me buttons and bluetooth audio streaming and I'm good to go.
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    Haven't we been telling you guys this for years?
  • dragonflightdragonflight Member Posts: 0
    @schen72

That's actually not quite accurate. The offline maps in Gmaps for Android doesn't actually download the routing data soooo yeah you still need an internet connection in the end. At best, you reduce the data consumption needed over the air.

The