Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Kia

image2014 Kia Cadenza Limited Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2014 Kia Cadenza Limited has a firm ride over city streets and highways. I'm blaming the big 19-inch wheels and tires.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    I rather have the old Lexus. More power, RWD, and probably a better ride.
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    First off 10 points for using "clement". And another 100 points for not making me feel alone in thinking a large comfy car might be nice. The Impala keeps calling to me. I really agree, it is silly if you build a large 'smooth' car and then make it a harsher ride just for the big wheel look .
  • Options
    bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    They are actually 17inch wheels on the lexus in case anyone really was wondering. also the hankook tires are very firm riding tires i have them on my honda fit these all season tires were designed with long tread wear as first priority performance as second priority and ride/noise must have been last because they are much stiffer and noisier than firestone tires they replaced.

So the 19inch wheels get part of the blame but the cheap tires are not helping either. with a base price as high as a cadenza it is really a shame that a manufacturer thinks they can get away with equipping such underwhelming tires.
  • Options
    vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    19" on this car is lunacy.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I think that if they're going to give you a "performance" wheel/tire package, they could at least give you tires that do more than look the part.
  • Options
    agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Depends which Hankooks you get. A surprising number of Jags have them and the forums do not contain too many complaints.
  • Options
    bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    @agentorange he said the tire model in the post. my review of this tire i put on tire rack summed them up as "decent for the money if you are just going a to b but don't expect them to wow you in performance or comfort" on a $14,000 honda that
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    Get some 18" wheels and some Wrangler SilentArmors and you will have a excellent set of quiet tires that soak up the bumps if inflated properly and have more grip then anything this side of studded winter tires.