Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Lexus GS 350 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Lexus

image2013 Lexus GS 350 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds long-term update of the 2013 Lexus GS 350 includes discussion of the GS 350's interior design and its analog clock.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• z89z89 Member Posts: 2
    I've found it much easier and quicker to read the time on the analog clock than search the display for the time. There are several points within the system when the time isn't being displayed, so it's excellent to have something that's always where you expect it.
  • banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    If only there was a photo that included the analog clock AND 12.3-inch display screen to realize what you are talking about.
  • se_riouslyse_riously Member Posts: 94
    Haven't we had similar complaints before, like the tried-and-true, perfect adequate, ergonomically correct Toyota cruise control stalk, or continuing to provide a digital clock in the non-Lexus model? Bottom line is that analog clocks can look very elegant. Last time I checked, Tag Heuer didn't offer a digital watch.
  • tatermctatumstatermctatums Member Posts: 107
    If you are going to mention the analog clock in the Lexus, you should mention that the Long Term Passat has an analog clock between the center vents. The Passat also has a digital clock on the radio just below the analog clock and it has a digital clock at the top of the multifunction screen in the instrument cluster.
  • bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    Anolog clocks don't require mental arithmetic to determine how late you are or how much time you have left. If one is familiar with them, the graphical display is "intuitive". Notice how when digital watches first became available in the late 1960s/early 1970s everyone had to have one despite their high cost at the time, yet 40 years later a significant majority of watches, especially in the higher-priced fine models a luxury car owner might wear, are analog display even if the mechanisms are electronic.
  • majin_ssj_ericmajin_ssj_eric Member Posts: 49
    I disagree. In fact I think the clock in my new F-Sport is one of the classiest analog clocks in a car today. Looks fantastic especially at night.
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    I wear a watch so I don't really need a clock of any sort in the vehicle. As for being classy well I vote "Meh... I wear a watch."