Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda

image2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds long-term update of the 2014 Mazda CX-5 includes discussion of the CX-5's highway mpg.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    nxtiaknxtiak Member Posts: 13
    My 2014 Touring w/Tech FWD, I drove from San Jose to Southern California Inland Empire area and while on the 5, went 70mph with AC full blast got 38MPG. Then 2 days of city driving (work) when I filled up it ended at 32MPG avg.
  • Options
    7driver7driver Member Posts: 145
    With the limited experience I have with a GT AWD, I've found the trip computer to be about 0.5MPG pessimistic versus calculating from the gas pump and the trip odometer. How about you?
  • Options
    greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    0.5 mpg pessimistic seems OK. My rule of thumb is +/- 5%. Within that range, then I'd consider the trip computer accurate enough. The trip computer in my car is sometimes a little optimistic, sometimes a little pessimistic, but always gives me a number within 5% of my calculated mpg.
  • Options
    banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    My 8th generation Accord is always optimistic, about 5-6%
  • Options
    craigistcraigist Member Posts: 29
    EPA estimates are made by varying speeds according to a formula (car and driver has an excellent article about this). With its boxy shape, constant 70 mph in a CX5 will eat into the mpg a little bit. Central TX has a highway with an 85 mph speed limit, driving at 90 for a ways on it the computer had me at 24.5 mpg on level sections.
  • Options
    cx7lovercx7lover Member Posts: 90
    Mazda's MPG calculator has been pretty accurate since my 2012 Mazda6. It was always either under near or on point, never optimistic.