Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda

image2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

The gauges in our 2014 Mazda CX-5 didn't need any kind of interesting surface detailing, but Mazda gave it some anyway.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    That is actually pretty nice. My favorite is still a large, flat black speedometer with a really thin needle. Numbers and needle should illuminate red. Ahh...
  • miedenmieden Member Posts: 75
    Very nice.
  • bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    I like how the 20 mph ticks are picked out by light pipes instead of just being backlit. OTOH, the CX-7 and previous Mazda6 had electroluminescent gauges that are conspicuously missing in their replacements, so perhaps Mazda felt the need to make up for some of the cost-saving. Or is EL now passe?
  • emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    And yet they decided that a 160 mph speedometer on a crossover that would be lucky to hit 120 was somehow a good idea. People rarely go over 80, so the usable range of this speedometer is scrunched into the first half.
  • penboypenboy Member Posts: 8
    My car hits 80mph almost every single day; 120mph or whatever it's governed at would be fine, but any less would render it useless. You definitely don't live in SoCal if you think people "rarely" go over 80.