Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda

image2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds long-term update of the 2014 Mazda CX-5 includes discussion of how well a rear-facing child seat fits in the CX-5's rear seat.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    mrhpmrhp Member Posts: 6
    If I'm not mistaken, Edmunds once had a long term Terrain. For all it's faults, rear seat room is not one of them. My wife drives an Equinox and our son's rear-facing Britax seat, very similar to yours, fits rear-facing with the front seat slid all the way back.
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    mrhp, I think the terrain has sliding rear seats; which is genius. If you are hauling stuff you can slide them forward for more cargo room if you are hauling people you can slide them back for a crazy amount of leg room or if you are hauling both you can stop in-between.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    And with the success the child seat lobby has enjoyed, I wouldn't be surprised to see rear-facing seats become mandatory until the "child" is 16.
  • Options
    sdpadsfansdpadsfan Member Posts: 14
    I have forward and rear facing child seats in my CX-5. While the passenger seat does need to be moved slightly forward, my 5'3" wife has no problem finding a comfortable seating position and while it's not the ideal position for me (I'm 6'5"), I have no problem riding reasonably comfortably in the passenger seat.
  • Options
    sdpadsfansdpadsfan Member Posts: 14
    I have forward and rear facing child seats in my CX-5. While the passenger seat does need to be moved slightly forward, my 5'3" wife has no problem finding a comfortable seating position and while it's not the ideal position for me (I'm 6'5"), I have no problem riding reasonably comfortably in the passenger seat.
  • Options
    herrstreetherrstreet Member Posts: 27
    My family has a CX-5 and a 3 month old. We just have my wife sit in the back - which works out better anyways when our daughter gets mad because she spat out her binky for the 50th time. But I've said 100 times that the one functional upgrade that would be fantastic in this car would be a sliding rear seat like the Tiguan has.
  • Options
    herrstreetherrstreet Member Posts: 27
    My family has a CX-5 and a 3 month old. We just have my wife sit in the back - which works out better anyways when our daughter gets mad because she spat out her binky for the 50th time. But I've said 100 times that the one functional upgrade that would be fantastic in this car would be a sliding rear seat like the Tiguan has.