Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Maserati Quattroporte V6 AWD First Drive

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Maserati

image2014 Maserati Quattroporte V6 AWD First Drive

Along with its full redesign this year, the 2014 Maserari Quattroporte also added a V6 engine and all-wheel drive as options. Here's our First Drive.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• hlislehlisle Member Posts: 8
    Looks like a Ford Fusion from the back...
  • dscaindscain Member Posts: 15
    Considering how much the Fusion looks like an Aston Martin, that's not a bad thing.
  • miedenmieden Member Posts: 75
    1997?
  • nukedetroitnukedetroit Member Posts: 108
    High-strung (low durability) V6, Fiasler switchgear, bloated dimensions and a ridiculous price... gee, sign me up!
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    There are some youtube videos of the V8 and it sounds great.
  • coolb944coolb944 Member Posts: 0
    Still an attractive car, and lower weight and more performance capability is always a good thing. The interior visually is not quite as appealing as the old car. I think that's where it's falling a little flat, even though it's constructed better. First off, all the pictures I've seen of test cars have pretty bland interior colors and color combinations. Even this mocha brown seems to get washed out with not enough other colors and textures to brighten it up and differentiate surfaces. The matte wood trim gets lost because it blends in with the rest of the interior. There's not a whole lot of brightwork either. I think this interior may come off much more rich and worthy of the price tag once an owner chooses a two-tone interior treatment with more color separation and some more visually and tactically interesting wood trim.
  • jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    True to its boutique nature, this car is an enigma. The new body is a knockout, except that odd chin spoiler. The wood on the interior is so luxurious, but the glare on that touch screen ruins it. And a v6 in an Italian exotic??? I'm sure its fine, but an XTS is fine. Overall, I expect a bit more passion from Maserati.
  • etanretlaetanretla Member Posts: 1
    the good:
    nice front end update...about time!
    hi-tech dash is not cluttered, thanks to large screen

the bad:
    side vents need to either go, or be somewhat "modernized"...looks too much like cheap aftermarket stickers...or that of the buick's
    the tail lights look cheap...sorry...reminds me of a kia
  • shatnershatner Member Posts: 176
    Considering how much the Fusion looks like an Aston Martin, that's not a bad thing.

The Fusion looks nothing like the Aston, other than the cheap knock off grill.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    I'll have to see one in the flesh but the photos make the longer body look slightly awkward. The previous QP had perfect proportions and was by no means a small car. This car is a bit too big for me. Perhaps a Ghibli is in my future. ;) As for the rear mounted gearbox, that continued up until 2007, not 1997. The interior of this car does look a little bland compared to the 2008 model I test drove as a possible used buy a few years ago. Maseratis still depreciate at a greater rate than any other prestige make so it will interesting to see if the new models break that trend.
  • jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    I want that V6 in a smaller car!
  • themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    Porsche Panamera 4S will take care of this POS
  • shatnershatner Member Posts: 176
    I just can't warm up to touch screens in most cars, in a Volt I get it, but mixed with wood trim and an analog clock it looks confused and weird to me.
  • lowprofilelowprofile Member Posts: 7
    I haven't seen one of these in real life, but I don't know why this has any more real world appeal than an Infiniti M56x for almost $40,000 less.
  • hondabenz2hondabenz2 Member Posts: 6
    Maserati got it right again with the second generation Quattroporte! I'm so glad, because this is truly one of my favorite cars. Lets hope Maserati gets this right with the new Ghibli E Class fighter.
  • cbrandi_cbrandi_ Member Posts: 40
    Looks sort of German, perhaps its the silver/grey paint job. The interior looks Audi, not the sumptuousness of an Italian exotic. More main stream, less exotic. But it will make the Chinese happy and that's what counts since they're the ones with the bucks or whatever they call their money.
  • rickibobbirickibobbi Member Posts: 21
    interesting