Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Mazda MAZDA3 S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda

Comments

• Options
    adamb1adamb1 Member Posts: 122
    Does it have plastic shields underneath. It's not uncommon for one of the plastic anchors to come out and the shield to slap up and down against the bottom of the car. Had that situation on my Mazda 6. Fixed it with a sheet metal screw.
  • Options
    greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    These are actually Mazda's nanobots. Their purpose is to keep a smile on the driver's face by keeping the frame rigid, engine peppy and, more recently, fuel economy high. I think they call them Skyactiv or something.
  • Options
    nh6nh6 Member Posts: 4
    Wait your oil change interval is eevery 10k? I've got the 3s Touring and I'm doing every 5k. Weird.
  • Options
    stervsterv Member Posts: 3
    Do the editors not read comments? I've posted a comment about this previously. There is a service bulletin regarding noise at the base of the A-pillars. The dealership should be able to help with that. Here is the TSB bulletin number: 09-001/14.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Need more detail than this. Is it speed-based? Regular rhythm? Could be something embedded in the tread. Other than that, I don't know. Window regulators are a common culprit.
  • Options
    glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    @sterv We had this same issue on our CX-5 (first model year). It's the result of a couple of panels being too close together and rubbing/clicking when there's movement.