Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda

image2014 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring AWD Long-Term Road Test

As small crossover SUVs go, the 2014 Mazda CX-5 is quite fun to drive.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Darn I was hoping you'd see how it did towing something small like a tent trailer or kart trailer.
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    Looking at the instructions I don't think its going the be the easiest hitch to install assuming that this is the 3500lb 2 inch receiver hitch and that's coming from a guy who installs them all day with proper equipment.

I going to implore you to use your two post lift to get the car to a comfortable working height and be sure to have two other people to hold the hitch while you make sure that the bolts don't get pushed up back in the frame.
    Leaving the fish wires on the bolts after you fish them initially then threading the wires through the hitch will save you for the most part of losing the two fish wired bolts.

As for the bolt bars they could be really easy if Mazda gave you room to work with or a massive pain hard to say from looking at the instructions.

Are you guys planning to do the wiring for lights and such yourself or let the dealer or another 3rd party do it?

Either way even if you say you will never use the wiring its irresponsible of a owner to go half way when installing a hitch without wiring especially if you sell the car.
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    By the way I did try to format that wall of text.
  • 4runnerfun4runnerfun Member Posts: 0
    I agree with Stovt001, it would be great to see you guys test out a small utility trailer or a uHaul. I don't tow too often, but some of those little instances would be pretty important to those of us who still use crossovers for utility from time to time. It would also put that new engine to the test!
  • actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    Never say never. Once it's there all bets are off.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• actualsizeactualsize Member Posts: 451
    The wiring will be done at a later time. I've done that dozens of times myself. No worries.

Twitter: @Edmunds_Test

• allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    So Mazda trailer hitch is all that comes with this tow package. What is the tow rating of a CX-5? I doubt this thing can tow more than 1,500 lbs safely.