Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mazda 3 S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mazda

image2014 Mazda 3 S Long-Term Road Test

We've added the redesigned 2014 Mazda 3 S Five-Door Grand Touring to our long-term fleet to see if it still measures up.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• robs249_robs249_ Member Posts: 42
    Yay the new Mazda3! BOO the the hatchback. Yeah, hatches are more convenient and flexible and blah blah blah...But, you've already had 15 other Mazda3 hatches in your fleet. Can't you just get the version that most consumers will actually buy and let us know how it is to live with the SEDAN.
  • bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    Unless California is different, all Mazda3 s models have 18-in wheels, even the Touring.
  • emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    I'm looking forward to this test, particularly to see how that engine performs in a compact hatch. It will be fairly quick; less so than a GTI or SI, but quite a bit more efficient. This car seems to be a good bridge between average compact cars and hot hatches. At $27.5K, this car is another demonstration of how expensive compacts can get when you go bonkers on the options, and how some of us would rather spend the money performance and get a lighter-optioned Focus ST or GTI instead.
  • glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    Genuinely excited to follow this LT car. I very nearly ended up in one instead of a Fiesta ST.
  • dalimiangdalimiang Member Posts: 5
    test4
    test5
    test6
  • nadia2nadia2 Administrator Posts: 5
    testComment
  • nadia2nadia2 Administrator Posts: 5
    testComment
  • maimamaima Member Posts: 0
    test_m
  • awappesawappes Member Posts: 0
    Can't wait to see Edmunds experience with the car.

I have a '14 S GT Sedan equipped exactly the same, incredible car but the infotainment system has been a continuing headache due to bugs and sometimes having performance slowing to a crawl.

The powertrain/steering/suspension are the true gems of the new 3. The 2.5 moves so effortlessly, I think 0-60 is in the low 7 second range. The Sky Auto shift action, programming and shift speed are the best I have ever experienced.

Can't wait to see the specs.
  • ra090909ra090909 Member Posts: 3
    Com on folks! You have had this beauty in fleet for almost two weeks without any updates! Help a guy out here...
  • ra090909ra090909 Member Posts: 3
    BEAUTY!