Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

The navigation screen in our 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 may look like an aftermarket add-on, but it performs like a well-integrated piece of the overall car.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mrrytemrryte Member Posts: 28
    My question:
    How long before it starts rattling?
  • shindig4shindig4 Member Posts: 0
    I'm not against this "tacked on" look. It lets the designers place the screen higher up while keeping the overall dashboard lower and (subjectively) more stylish.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    I can just see some tweaker breaking in to steal it and trashing the dash because he thought it was an add-on.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    Exactly what bankerdanny said. In LA people bust into cars stealing portable navs. This looks like a portable nav.
  • allthingshondaallthingshonda Member Posts: 878
    Not a fan of the add on look. Hate when people do things half assed. If you're not going to take the time and money to integrate it into the dash then they shouldn't have bothered to do it at all.
  • everett2everett2 Member Posts: 2
    Looks like hell.
  • bc1960bc1960 Member Posts: 171
    It looks a tacked-on afterthought as much as the steering wheel does--I like the floating effect and reduction of surrounding, functionless mass.
  • jaguar36jaguar36 Member Posts: 15
    Looks like crap, I don't understand why all the luxury makers seem to be going this way.
  • natt_natt_ Member Posts: 8
    Actually, mine starts to squeak a little bit over rough/bumpy roads. Now, I wish I didn't add on the navi package because I could just wait for the Apple CarPlay and save $$$ :(
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    This seems to be the MB look going forward. Even the current G wagen has the same screen.