Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Our 2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG doesn't have the benefit of iPod/MP3 connectivity, but that can be a benefit to some people.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    iloveyogapantsiloveyogapants Member Posts: 20
    Excellent Post Travis!!!! Which Album? Blood Sugar? One of my top 5 fav's of all time.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Wow. Sounds like it drove fine in the canyons...even with those rock-hard tires.
  • Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    I have always been a fan of B pillarless coupes. If you like to drive with the windows down, there is nothing like having that big open space on either side.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Another literature worthy post Travis, well done!
  • Options
    markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Agreed, well written. Bravo.
  • Options
    diigiidiigii Member Posts: 156
    I still dream the awesome life of a Californian where you can just go out in your car and drive the PCH for two hours with nary a worry.
  • Options
    cobrysoncobryson Member Posts: 110
    Excellently written, and it held my attention like no other blog posts here do. Please keep up the good work.
  • Options
    benson2175benson2175 Member Posts: 68
    That's exactly it. You get it. Sure it's a money pit. But it's a money pit in a good way.
  • Options
    joner800joner800 Member Posts: 80
    aimless driving i fear is becoming or soon will become a lost art. i do this all the time (i think my wife thinks i'm crazy), but here in south FL, i am confined to flat, peak-and-valley-less highway aimless driving. i drove the PCH once and really envy those of you who can enjoy that drive on a regular basis - especially in a car like this.

then again, if i had that luxury, the world might have already been depleted of the remainder of its fossil fuels. great post!
  • Options
    hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    This is a good article that I actual enjoyed reading. As joner800 said aimless driving is fast becoming a lost art due to the cost of fuel. I love to drive my truck but when driving 10-20 miles I have to budget at least 2 weeks in advance for fuel it becomes a "If I win the lottery..." type dream.
  • Options
    darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    This ode to a CD player is nonsense. The iPhone I have in my pocket anyway (because duh, it's a phone) stores thousands of songs from 500 albums in my library. With Siri I can call them up by track, album, or artist simply by speaking what I want. I haven't touched a car CD player in 2 years.
  • Options
    tlangnesstlangness Member Posts: 123
    iloveyogapants - "I'm With You" was the album. I highly recommend it for aimless driving whether you use a CD to enjoy it, or your iPhone.