Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Performance Testing the front-drive four-cylinder 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    cynic783cynic783 Member Posts: 30
    v6 accord over this all day every day
  • Options
    mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    I am not personally much of a fan of the CLA, but I will say that from what I have read the Summer tires make a huge difference in how these things handle. Cars so equipped have pulled more than 0.90g. You guys didn't upgrade the wheels so you are stuck with the low-grip All-Seasons.
  • Options
    mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    @cynic783, You certainly get a lot more car for your money, but the V6 Accord is barely quicker (0-60 in 6.1 seconds) and puts up considerably lower handling numbers (63.5mph through the slalom and 0.82g of grip on the skid pad). And that is comparing a t
  • Options
    veedubber86_veedubber86_ Member Posts: 8
    Do most new cars these days come with undefeatable ESC now? When I push the button in mine, everything is off: no traction control, no stability control.
  • Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    A little disappointing, except for acceleration times
  • Options
    vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    I suspect it would do a lot better with a set of decent summer tires.
  • Options
    bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    i'm wondering if the all seasons muddies up the steering and the acceleration. the 1/4 mile was better than i expected. i will admit that the all seasons are more than adequate for what most buyers will do in this car. i am disapointed in the 0-60 time i was expecting closer to 6.0 seconds even but i guess a few tenths is close enough. if the test driver is reading this you did not mention body roll does this mean that it does not have much body rolly?
  • Options
    bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    hey since you did not get the summer tires does this mean you will take my suggestion and use this as the road trip car to the detroit auto show? if i had to choose a car out of your stable it would be this or the MDX. so we can get snow comments with the SH-awd system
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    I never understood why tuning for understeer is considered "safer". It just means you hit the tree head-on instead of backwards.