Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

Comments

• zoomzoommx5zoomzoommx5 Member Posts: 2
    my 2010 prius has this feature .
  • mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    @zoomzoommx5, What your Prius has is hill-holding. That isn't unusual at all. In fact, pretty much every car with a torque-converter automatic or CVT has that feature today and has had it for years. MB's hold feature works in addition to a hill-hold funct
  • dg0472dg0472 Member Posts: 89
    No, the Prius' system isn't just hill-holding. Most hill-hold systems only keep the car from rolling backwards. That's how my Cadenza is. But on the company Prius, once the system is engaged, won't roll in any direction as long as enough pressure is on the brake to keep the brake lights on and for 2 seconds after the brake is released. It's not quite as useful as the MB's or the top-trim Cadenza's, but it does make easier work of heavy traffic and if you know the signals and can see the cross one, it still allows you time to be first on the throttle, for whatever that is worth in a Prius.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    dg0472, it sounds like the Prius system still requires your foot to be on the brake, or to have been on the brake up to 2 seconds ago. The difference with the M-B system is that it will hold indefinitely. My car has such a system, but it is activated manually, by pulling the hand brake. ;)
  • yardie7326yardie7326 Member Posts: 1
    @dg0472, the prius has the same hill hold feature my Lexus GS. We can cheat the system by lightly putting out foot on the brake, but it is not a true hold system like the CLA. You have to wonder why, considering it would just a software addition.
  • dg0472dg0472 Member Posts: 89
    @greenpony,

I think I made it abundantly clear how the system works and that I understand the difference between it and the M-B's system.

@yardie7326

Yes, it'd be nice if they'd do that. It'd also be nice if it had a light other than the flashing