Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Saving space in a small interior is a big deal in a car like this, and Mercedes uses an interesting feature in the 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 to open up more storage space.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    I've run into a lot of people over the years who talk about how much they hate this setup, and then it turns out that they have never actually used it. My old S550 had this and so does the E-Class my wife currently has. I love it in both situations. It is so convenient to just give a quick flick with two fingers to change to R or D. Console-mounted gear levers rarely connect directly to a transmission these days anyway and pretty much all cars come with shift paddles. This is a nice way to leverage electronic gear levers to maximize usability.
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    I love this set up. As more cars move to electronic transmissions it makes no sense to have a bulky center console shifter.
  • misterfusionmisterfusion Member Posts: 471
    So we've come all the way back to three-on-the-tree. Hmm... (OK, I guess it's really seven-on-the-tree, but that's not as poetic.)
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    A shift lever on the column, where do those brilliant Germans come up with these ideas?
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    I like it.