Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

Comments

• mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    Seriously, do you guys simply like multi-thousand dollar repairs? The trunk is NOT supposed to operate like that. Your struts are shot and need to be replaced. Failure to do so risks damaging the rest of the trunk assembly.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    You pried it out with the edge of an aluminum license plate? Um, maybe you could use an actual tool to do that, like a medium chisel-point screwdriver padded out with a couple of turns of electrical tape so that you don't scratch the paint - ? But only if you give a damn, of course.
  • pg123456789_pg123456789_ Member Posts: 3
    Could have be $0 if you "Just drop into any MB dealer and they'll do it on the spot for free (bulb and labour). In my last two MBs, they did just that."
  • miedenmieden Member Posts: 75
    @mercedesfan, I think they're put off by perceived complexity. It takes 10 minutes and a small flat-head.
  • diigiidiigii Member Posts: 156
    So much for German efficiency.
  • boff_boff_ Member Posts: 51
    I would have stuck a couple of LED's in there. 10X more costly, but 1000X more attractive.