Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250 Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.com reviews the steering wheel in the long-term 2014 Mercedes-Benz CLA250.

Read the full story here

Comments

• greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    But without a place to grip at 6 o'clock, it can't possibly be perfect. What am I supposed to do, stick one finger through that thing?
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    a leather-wrapped spot for my thumbs--thumbs up. I recall test-fitting a car and the leather steering wheel was missing leather wrapping precisely at those spots. I could live without the silver-finished portion. Not sure if it will scratch off or not.
  • mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    @noburgers, I believe that metallic portion is actually aluminum, therefore no need to worry about chipping. I could be wrong, but I do know that my wife's E-Class has a similar steering wheel and that thing gets scalding hot if it sits in direct sunlight
  • widgetaviatorwidgetaviator Member Posts: 2
    Why doesn't anyone notice that most all Mercedes steering wheels (including this one) are offset to the right at least slightly and they jut out of the dash at an angle as thought the steering column is pointing vaguely towards the middle of the car instead of straight ahead. This is extremely uncomfortable to me and is unfortunately a "feature" on many vehicles for sale today. I 100% expect the gauges, the steering wheel, and the seat to all line up exactly. Go sit in any Volvo, or the Audi S4/S5/S6/S7, and compare that to this and you'll see what I mean. Lots of other cars line up properly, but Mercedes and Subaru are generally the worst, the new Camaro and all full-size GM pickups are also bad.