Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG Long-Term Road Test

A video showing the trunk in our long-term 2005 Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Did I miss the post where the no-start problem was solved and explained?
  • miata52miata52 Member Posts: 114
    I think I missed that post,too.
  • miata52miata52 Member Posts: 114
    I love how my username on this website keeps changing!
  • miedenmieden Member Posts: 75
    Replace the gas struts on the hinges, $100. Do it soon or the constant slamming will have you buying a latch actuator too...or worse.
  • mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    What mieden said! There is a reason no cars with power closing trunks use hydraulic struts anymore. Goose necks are far easier to control and a lot more robust. You are going to be looking at some expensive motor repairs soon if you don't get this addressed.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    "Feed me luggage! ...and editors."
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    So this bad [non-permissible content removed] Benz with 600+ hp was track tested about a month ago and ...

But cool, a post about the trunk! That followed a post about shiny door thingies! Weeeeeee!

Throw the keys to the new kid Cameron and have him write something.
  • nuievenuieve Member Posts: 43
    Om nom nom!
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    This car and the NSX are my favorite old LT cars. I never been a big fan of the S class sedan, but I love these big Benz coupes. I suspect because I grew up with muscle cars and these cars remind of super refined muscle cars!
  • hoparhopar Member Posts: 2
    If you ask the engineer "why its so fast"?, he will reply with "why are you not fast enough?"
  • ttopjohnttopjohn Member Posts: 25
    @mercedesfan - is that why the new 7 series has big gooseneck trunk hinges instead of trick compact multilink hinges with hydrualic struts like my OLD 7 series has?