Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

The outside of our 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster gets washed weekly, but not the engine bay.

Read the full story here

Comments

• yellowbalyellowbal Member Posts: 234
    You can't even see the engine. It's all covered up by plastic anyway.
  • lvgtilvgti Member Posts: 8
    TRAVIS, Congratulations.... to the best of my knowledge you're the first Edmunds' editor to ever actually clean an engine bay. I been following 'InsideLine' and now 'What's Hot' for more than 7 years. I'm especiallly impressed that you didn't pressure wash it, you did it the right way. Did you remove and clean under the engine cover? I've had my '07 Civic EX for more than 6.5 years and the engine bay is pristine.....I wipe it down at least twice a month, would never pressure wash it. You're now one of my two favorite editors at What's Hot. The other one is......
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    I would rather the engine compartment be clean than dirty, but the real reason I keep it clean is so I can easily see if everything is operating properly (condition of belts, no leaking gaskets, etc). If its all covered in plastic what's the point?
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    First and foremost, your great-grandmother sounds kick-[non-permissible content removed]. Secondly, I was expecting a complaint about the dirty engine bay and nothing done about it. Imagine my surprise when I saw the comparison photo... Wonderful job.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Shame about the plastic but good job on that fix. It looks as good as an engine bay so filled with plastic could.