Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Our 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS bore witness to another driver's stupidity.

Read the full story here

Comments

• zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    " I pulled over to make sure the driver was all right. " --- congrats on having the self control not to just step out of your car and do a loud, slow clap for his show.
  • bimmerjaybimmerjay Member Posts: 28
    "With great power comes great responsibility"

Isn't that the truth. It bugs me how driving a high performance car sometimes inspires other drivers to race or otherwise behave like idiots towards you even though you're just trundling along.

A few weeks ago I was waiting at a light in a double left-turn lane to enter a divided highway. A modified Honda S2000 pulled up next to me in the outside lane, and when the light changed he slammed on the throttle about halfway through the turn, causing the back to break loose once the revs picked up. He started fish-tailing violently back and forth until losing control completely and slamming over the median (which was essentially a tall concrete curb) into oncoming traffic. He tore off the front bumper cover and some other bodywork along with collapsing the left front suspension. Luckily the oncoming traffic was able to avoid him.
  • zcalvertzcalvert Member Posts: 76
    been a while since we've heard any good stories about LA Drivers vs Rain.
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    I learned this lesson real quick when I first started driving in my 1999 F150..................................................................

Crappy tires + snow and\or rain + 5.4L V8 + 3.55 gears + LS Diff = At best spinning tires going no where at worse fishtailing across three lanes of traffic.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    "Hey - watch this..." Yeah - watch me run out of talent.
  • toddm52789toddm52789 Member Posts: 5
    AHAHAHAHAHHA.