Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Our 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster had its convertible top repaired, but this is what happened when we picked it up.

Read the full story here

Comments

• fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    So this is the second battery...the first one was killed by a map light in a little over an hour and the second was killed by the ignition being left on? There is a low-level short somewhere in there or the starter is on its way out and drawing too much power.
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    These new cars with all their fancy battery-draining electronics... My wife's Optima sternly warns her not to use accessory mode because it apparently drains the battery quickly.
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    And as before I am amazed that a $100k+ 2012 luxury car lacks the battery rundown protection feature found in my $16k 1996 Pontiac Sunfire.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Should it have battery rundown protection? Sure. But the car is not failing to start after a map light is left on for an hour and change due to not having battery rundown protection.
  • exnevadan_exnevadan_ Member Posts: 25
    cost for the fix?