Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Our 2013 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster is a Supercar. So why not park it under a Supermoon?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    evodadevodad Member Posts: 135
    "appreciate the engineering required to make such a comfortable, drivable road car capable of going 200 mph"............................

albeit one that is consistently having things break
  • Options
    mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    @evodad, I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but aside from the roof the SLS hasn't had anything else break. No question the roof failure is HUGE issue, but it is a singular problem. That is a veritable miracle for an exotic sports car.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Cool picture. I love the silhouette of the SLS, now if only you had gotten it in grey...
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    And we don't know if the roof failure was multiple failures, or one failure improperly fixed. My guess is it was simply the latter.
  • Options
    tlangnesstlangness Member Posts: 123
    Hey guys - as Mike will soon update, it was the same failure and then a part that took a while to order. Also something to consider is the fact that this Mercedes is a press car. That means it's constantly being shown to people. The top has probably gone up and down on this car about 100x more often than it reasonably would've in 26k miles with one owner.
  • Options
    zcalvertzcalvert Member Posts: 76
    thanks Travis. i think some of us are just curious for the basic how and why facts of what actually happened with the self-grenading top story. this is one of those times where i think it would be good for edmunds to break the rules a bit and exploit its connections to get a real explanation from a MB rep.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    mercedesfan, we've been down this road before - I'm pretty sure the battery constantly going dead would be viewed by most owners as something going wrong.
  • Options
    mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    @fordson1, Seeing as a dead battery has never occurred while any of the editors were in possession of the SLS I don't consider that an issue with the vehicle. (Well, except for JRis who admitted he killed the battery when he left lights on) Both times the
  • Options
    330i_zhp330i_zhp Member Posts: 55
    "I imagine similar levels of intellect were required to track the moon as it came within 221,823 miles of Earth." - Ha! Awesome!