Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds long-term update of the 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS Convertible includes discussion of the broken convertible top.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    zcalvertzcalvert Member Posts: 76
    I realize this was a press car before you got it and likely led a rough life... but still, there's no way this should happen on an up-level benz.
  • Options
    mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    Did this by chance happen when someone was driving above the rated speed for raising/lowering the top? The only time I've ever seen a modern convertible top fail catastrophically was when a buddy was trying to raise the top in his Boxster at 45mph (yes, he is an idiot).
  • Options
    alex4515alex4515 Member Posts: 29
    I'm picturing this happening like when a clock breaks in the cartoons...springs, bolts, screws, all sorts of stuff flying every which way.
  • Options
    stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    I was going to say something snarky about how my Miata's top can be raised and lowered in seconds with a single hand, but then I remembered all the times I smashed my thumb while doing that.
  • Options
    carfreak13carfreak13 Member Posts: 17
    April fools?
  • Options
    jpnpowerjpnpower Member Posts: 0
    German reliability there right in front of you!