Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 First Drive

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Mercedes-Benz

image2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA 250 First Drive

The 2015 Mercedes-Benz GLA250 4Matic jumps into the compact crossover class with unique styling, an efficient engine and even an optional off-road package.

Read the full story here

Comments

• marcos9marcos9 Member Posts: 96
    My goodness will auto mfg stop it with "compact crossovers" already and just make a damn good sport wagon. How many people drive all these crossovers and SUVs on anything other than pavement? Maybe .5%?
  • hank39hank39 Member Posts: 144
    Wood grain seems to be out of place with this vehicle.
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @marcos9: Honestly, its the same things with a Jeep, or Land Rover, or truck. How many actually go off road? Probably 5%. As for the manufacturers, they'll sell what sells. If more people in the U.S. would buy wagons, they would offer those instead.
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Member Posts: 606
    I'm one of the tiny percentage of people who actually drives an SUV offroad, but I need more capability than crossovers offer. I have an Xterra. These crossovers are fine for people who drive rutted dirt roads in good weather or well graded roads in a few inches of snow (e.g., ski trips) but not rock-strewn trails.
  • zman49zman49 Member Posts: 12
    Why all the comparisons to the Evoque but none to the X1, which I suspect is more of its rival?
  • ahightowerahightower Member Posts: 539
    I guess the new Cherokee doesn't look so bad after all...
  • cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    Holy smokes that thing is FUGLY!

Maybe I missed it but 8 pages of pictures but not one shot of the cargo area or the back seat?
  • dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143
    I think it looks awesome. It has character and class at the same time, without going overboard with any styling elements.
  • upshift11upshift11 Member Posts: 10
    This is the U.S. Why are you comparing this to the Evoque? News Flash! Nobody cares about the Evoque! How does this compare to the new BMW X1? Now that's the question! You're welcome!!
  • dfelix70dfelix70 Member Posts: 143
    @upshift11. I agree that this needs to be compared with the X1. The Evoque is in a price class above (X3/Q5/GLK - range).
  • cbrandi_cbrandi_ Member Posts: 40
    Seems like MB is the winner of the competition to produce compelling new models for the market. This car looks way better than the X1 or any VW/Audi offering. The interior looks very up market for this price range. I also applaud the coming FWD. Who really needs AWD except for those living in snow country. FWD gives great traction for most driving conditions including snow.
  • redgeminiparedgeminipa Member Posts: 74
    You mention a small backseat, but fail to provide a picture. Where is a picture of the cargo area? There are multiple pictures of the dash, but none of anything that many SUV buyers care about.
  • gjjbmoore1gjjbmoore1 Member Posts: 1
    Most awesome vehicle I've ever driven. Exceptionally smooth, and fast, with a very quiet interior. The turbo drives this car like a fine tuned rocket. The interior has no rivals, with luxury, grace and elegance. The technology offered with the sound system makes you bask in extraordinary, almost life-like music. Make no mistake, this is a true Mercedes Benz built for the car enthusiast.