Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds conducts a Long-Term Test of the 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet and compares it to the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• mercedesfanmercedesfan Member Posts: 365
    I don't think any car enthusiast will argue that the 911 has more finesse. Likewise, if it was my money I'd certainly opt for the Porsche over the SLS. However, there is an appeal to the SLS that the 911 just doesn't have anymore. Having grown up with 911s I've always had a soft spot for Zuffenhausen's best, but with the 991-generation Porsche has nearly removed all shred of personality from the car. It is technically perfect, but it doesn't get under your skin and make you fall in love like it used to. The SLS is ALL personality. There are going to be a lot of people who don't care for that personality, but it is an emotional car that tugs at your heart strings. In that way, the SLS is very much better than the 911.
  • noburgers_noburgers_ Member Posts: 79
    I admire the guts that it took to give that opinion. I guess it depends on your taste.
  • markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    Yes, I agree, it took some guts to post that. I just do not, DO NOT care for the looks of the SLS, at all. Not to mention the latest iteration of the MB SL, either. Where I live, 911s are ubiquitous, but still, I'd love to have one and where I'd probably put my own money. Even the wife was saying the other night that there's just something about about a Porsche compared to almost anything else relatively reasonably priced (remove Ferrari, Lambo, and the like).
  • al2travelal2travel Member Posts: 13
    Something about that Porsche DNA!
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    The Porsche 911 is a sorted, mature car. The SLS is clearly a plaything. That's probably why the SLS got boxed the other day. The Mazda 2 owner thought it only came out at weekends.