Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds conducts a Long Term Test of the 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet and reports on its key fob.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    cl0ud7cl0ud7 Member Posts: 0
    I agree...A bit over the top
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    The spring loaded key fobs are my all time favorite. You (I) could play with them all day, and unlike the above car-shaped-fob, it's awesome cool at any age! It's really the simple pleasures that make life worth living.
  • Options
    zimtheinvaderzimtheinvader Member Posts: 580
    "You (I) could play with them all day, "

Awww, come on. Channel the inner child and make vrooom, vroom sounds while pushing the fob around.
  • Options
    noburgers_noburgers_ Member Posts: 79
    that would most likely trigger one of the buttons simply by bending with it in your pocket or leaning agiant the kitchen counter
  • Options
    glossgloss Member Posts: 150
    I'd think it would at least help with locating the correct buttons while the fob is in your pocket. I know this is an issue I've run into with normal, symmetrical fobs.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    @zimtheinvader: Please. If I had a car shaped fob, it wouldn't make "vrooom vroom" sounds, it would go "psshhhrrrrmmmmmmm!" because it would be a flying rocket-powered car fob.
  • Options
    legacygtlegacygt Member Posts: 599
    Absolutely cheesy. Not a good move. Should be a deletable option. But if they're going to do it, at least make the shape useful. Tapping the hood should open up the front trunk (frunk), not the rear.