Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Mini Paceman S First Drive

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in MINI

image2013 Mini Paceman S First Drive

You've hit a roadblock! Unfortunately, what you're looking for isn't here, but we can still help you find what you need. Use the links below to detour to some of our most popular destinations.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    skw0123skw0123 Member Posts: 33
    Don't want.
  • Options
    throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    Like many BMW models these days, I don't see the point of a 2 door Countryman. Now a the Rocketman would get my juices flowing. I used to own a Mini Cooper, it was a great driving car if not particularly durable. I hope Mini has improved on that front.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    throwback's comment is pretty much what I expected to see. So let me offer a different perspective.

As the owner of a vintage British sports car with a useless back seat and a hatch (a '72 MGB-GT) I love this car.

I don't have kids and can't remember the last time I had more than one passenger. The extra cargo space is appreciated and HALLELUJA about the window switches on the door. That 'feature' of the other Mini's was actually one of the reasons I never really considered one in the past.

I love the grill (although I like the regular Mini face too), and I like the taller stance.

In short, this is probably the Mini that I would be most interested in.

The only fly in the ointment is the price. $30k gets you lots of cars, including some intriguing CPO's. But if my next car is in the $25-$30k range this car will likely make the test drive list.
  • Options
    bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Four whole comments. Edmunds management, take heed. I know IL isn't coming back, but the lack of comments here once again goes to show how poorly thought out and executed move to the "What's Hot" section of Edmunds was. At IL the review of this polarizing vehicle would have generated dozens of comments. Here it gets 4 (now 5). I have to believe that only a fraction of the page views generated by IL have found their way to "What's Hot". I really hope you are paying attention and listening to the talented people that made IL so good and are planning major changes to make this part of Edmunds more like the superb quality of IL.
  • Options
    eathieleeathiele Member Posts: 1
    You tested it in PR second largest city, Ponce PR. You drived it thu route( or road) #10. At that city is located a race track with SCCA recognition. It is Known as El Tuque Race track (real name has changed many times). There is a hotel at the track. You could have stayed at the hotel and use the test track. Was about 10 minutes fron the center of the city. At about 30 minutes drive east throught hightway 52 is Salinas, a small town. It has a larger track with both the SCCA and FIA recognition. Its called Salinas Speedway. It has changed owners many tines. It has a time attack track, circuit track, dragstrip, and motorcyle track. Old road #1 from Ponce to San Juan(subtituted by highway #52) its wery twysty road with many hairpin curves going up or down and no trafic at all. At Salinas you coud exit the highway to Road#3 , about 3Km is the track or take the toll exit and go to route #1Take the fun part at the old road and at next town Calley Take the hightway back to Ponce. Just before getting to Cayey on the old road there is the top of a mountain with two large rocks that look like womans breast, and thats what is calles in spanish" Las Tetas de Cayey" good for photos.
  • Options
    ttbuyerttbuyer Member Posts: 45
    Great idea: a larger MINI Hardtop....but uglier. And more expensive. And heavier. BUT....just as unreliable!

At least you'll be more comfortable while you wait for the tow truck.
  • Options
    cars360cars360 Member Posts: 4
    This is the car if the cooper is too small, the clubman is too disproportionate and the countryman is too large. people who meet this criteria=0. I mean really its just too much. I think they should focus their money on making a proper mini buisiness sedan