Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Part 2 of Edmunds' thrilling account of repairing a flat tire on its long-term 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    $600+ for a single tire, ouch. I could replace all 4 of the tires on my MG for half that.

It's not really the 20" wheels that are the problem so much as the 35 aspect sidewalls that come with them.

The 45's on my '04 Jetta aren't much hardier, but fortunately they are much cheaper.
  • xtremepsionicxtremepsionic Member Posts: 7
    Ow, that's a lot of money, at least the towing was free...
  • noburgers_noburgers_ Member Posts: 79
    yeah dam them dubs--I'm sure 18's provide a short enough sidewall and performance. But you should get better mileage now that your wallet is so much lighter
  • quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    That's funny noburgers! Sorry to hear that the tire cost you guys so much though.
  • huisjhuisj Member Posts: 1
    I'm not that sorry to hear that a ridiculously huge tire with a ridiculously slim sidewall cost that much. Giant wheels are dumb in an everyday car.
  • duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    If there ever was a convincing argument against low profile 20's, this would be it. 88.5mm sidewall height is a bit on the small side. The original 285 35/R19 rears would work a lot better since they have 99.75mm sidewalls. Typically 94-100mm sidewalls seem to be the best compromise between ride comfort/durability/stability and performance.
  • phrozendeucephrozendeuce Member Posts: 2
    Damn...$600+ for one tire!?!?
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Have you driven that car on I-10? Like I-40 in Northern Arizona parts of I-10 are like driving offroad with a center divider.
  • bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    @agentorange i agree! I10 is not any better here in alabama there are sections where the speed limit is 45mph(!) due to so much construction and there are huge gaps in places that are actual speed bumps you have to hit the brakes hard for. funny seeing ou
  • bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    @agentorange i agree! I10 is not any better here in alabama there are sections where the speed limit is 45mph(!) due to so much construction and there are huge gaps in places that are actual speed bumps you have to hit the brakes hard for. funny seeing ou
  • dvanosdvanos Member Posts: 52
    A cut tire? Vandalism??