Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

A crisp December day in California is the perfect time for a top-down drive in the 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• jasond52jasond52 Member Posts: 37
    In my Miata daily driver, my limit is 50 degrees IF it's sunny, but seat warmers have to be on and the heat on what Mazda calls "Open Mode". If it cloudy top up until it's in the 60's.
  • bryan__tbryan__t Member Posts: 23
    True coastal California wimp here. My convertible stays in the garage if the morning temperature is below 60 or above 75...
  • s197gts197gt Member Posts: 486
    The coldest my wife and I drove in our Z3 was in 60 degree weather on the interstate. It was fine until the sun went down. A hat would have helped a lot.
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    The coldest so far was 37 degrees. After that, I was too afraid of damaging the vinyl top when putting it back up (and it also resists latching when the vinyl is really cold). The hard top is now on for the winter on my old Miata. And part of driving in the cold is just to prove that I'm certifiably insane.
  • aqeelzamaqeelzam Member Posts: 1
    I live in Beaverton, Oregon where it rains a lot, is sunny for a few months in the year, and is wet / cold the remaining months. Not really the ideal weather for a convertible if you want to drive the with the top down for most of the year - you can only do this in the summer months and early fall (July - early Oct).

http://clikinn.pk/
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    I've been relishing the 40 degree temps in the mornings and evenings in my Miata. The top goes down, heater goes on, and all is suddenly very right with Southern California. Now we're back in the 80s again and I'm reminded how absurd this place really is.
  • diigiidiigii Member Posts: 156
    California winter? Is there such a thing? :)
  • 85se85se Member Posts: 11
    I'm good to go topdown down to low to mid 40s in my Miata. Living up and out here on the extreme East coast of Canada (Newfoundland - the most easterly point of North America is a 20 minute or so drive from where I live), we rarely see temperatures above mid 80s so it's top down as often as possible for the six months of the year I use the car.