Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

A dealer once again gets the tire pressures wrong.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• jeepsrtjeepsrt Member Posts: 88
    I keep my air pressure at the recommended psi and hate taking it for service, I always tell them to not adjust as I have and 90% of the time they change it.
  • cynic783cynic783 Member Posts: 30
    even Porsche techs are careless? ugh i would expect this at GM or Ford but not Porsche
  • greenponygreenpony Member Posts: 531
    I'm just shaking my head. One time at an independent shop they told me they adjusted the tire pressures to 30 psi. I said that's great, but next time read the label in the door jamb which clearly states they need to be at 34 psi. But to have a Porsche technician not know the proper tire pressures for a Porsche vehicle? Shameful.
  • jasond52jasond52 Member Posts: 37
    A coworker of mine got to work and said her van was "riding funny" after having 4 new tires installed at the local tire shop. I checked the pressure for her...my dial gauge only goes to 60 psi and these tires were all well over that. I hate letting anyone else work on my cars.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    A thousand dollar oil change and this? Eesh.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    For a car dependent society the US seems to be badly afflicted with techs who are clueless about tyres.
  • kevm14kevm14 Member Posts: 423
    When I attacked The Dragon in my 2005 CTS-V on the new Michelin Pilot Super Sport in the summer of 2011, I experimented with tire pressure. The car originally came with run flats and wanted 30/30. On non-runflats, that is too low, as you lose some of the extra sidewall stiffness (and thankfully, weight). In normal driving, I tend to prefer something around 34/32 but for continuously aggressive driving (like unleashing all 400hp, then full brakes, corner, repeat for 11 miles), I found I needed to go much higher. I think I ended up at like 38 or 39 cold front and 35 or 36 cold rear. The car responds better at those pressures and traction was more temperature stable.
  • fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    desmolicious said it all. PLEASE tell me that you went back to the Porsche dealership that did the oil change with this situation.