Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 Porsche Cayman S First Drive

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2014 Porsche Cayman S First Drive

We get behind the wheel of the 2014 Porsche Cayman, the second-generation coupe that proves you don't have to buy a 911 to get a serious Porsche sports car.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    I don't know why, but I find the Cayman more seductive than the 911 or even high dollar supercars... There's just something about it. Then again, I do get my kicks from low, light, and well balanced handling machines. If I spot one of these on the road in say, dark grey, I won't be held liable for what I do.
  • Options
    wolvesqwolvesq Member Posts: 20
    Dollar for dollar this is looking to be the best sports car out there for real world driving. It will have the rewarding feel and build quality of much more expensive models and brands, but without their astronomical price. And it's not overpowered -- it's in that sweet spot where it has enough power to be fun and fast but not so much that you can't really work the engine. And it looks fantastic. Sure there are faster track toys but so what -- the Cayman was always about feel and pleasure over stats and snob appeal.
  • Options
    objectivelyobjectively Member Posts: 1
    What is it with the love for the creases? Everybody who rates cars lately gushes over them. I hate those things.
  • Options
    vikasdesaivikasdesai Member Posts: 6
    it's all about which high end sports car you want, the 911, vette, m3 or the cayman. the vette should run circles around this car(and pretty much everything else) but in day to day living which car is going to hold up for 200K miles. My money is on the porsche, the vette's electronics are way too new, GM's obsession with the overly complicated "CUE" system i think will be it's undoing. I appreciate the porsche's buttons. There is a lasting quality to it that is lacking in these fully touchscreen systems . The 911 is awesome but incredibly expensive at this point and the m3 will probably lack the organic quality that e92 had when you consider what BMW's products lately. Which leaves the cayman as the best choice despite being underpowered and overpriced.
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    I love hearing the word "underpowered" in what is really a golden age of horsepower. I won't rant, all I'll say is that 325hp is more than enough for me, and I'm okay with that.