Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Check Engine light in the long-term 2013 Porsche 911 Cabriolet

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    akula1akula1 Member Posts: 0
    You're going to buy a Cayman S for $65K? Yeah right, good luck w/ that.
  • Options
    kirkhilles_kirkhilles_ Member Posts: 151
    Yeah, how much for a "fully loaded" Cayman S? $100k?
  • Options
    quadricyclequadricycle Member Posts: 827
    Ah! Welcome to the dark (mid-engine) side! As for this whole finding a Cayman S at a reasonable price, a thirty second search found a new one at $73,000. Also, Porsche has this fancy thing where you order the exact car that you want, you'll just have to wait a month or three...
  • Options
    bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    at the local porsche dealership they have the caymans and the 911s all mixed up on the show floor and you really have to look twice to tell which you are looking at
  • Options
    karbuffkarbuff Member Posts: 34
    Hmmm 3.4L vs 3.4L. 350HP vs 325HP. PDK vs PDK or 7sp vs 7sp. If you're an Android user, you're probably sync'd to a Cayman. If you're IPhone is plugged in to a cigarette lighter, 911. Demographics 101. Just make sure you opt for the $1200 smokers package.
  • Options
    rakeknivenrakekniven Member Posts: 2
    I had the opprotunity to drive both at the Porsche World Roadshow this year around PPIR in Colorado.

The C4S is incredibly competent, and at the end of the day, probably offers more outright performance. But if you can live without backseats, I'm convinced that the Cayman S is the single best car for sale today. Even the base Cayman put a massive smile on my face driving it around the track. I've never felt that connected to any car before, it was the closest I've ever felt to being on a sportbike while driving.
  • Options
    dunning15dunning15 Member Posts: 0
    Look, if you are a 911 fan, a TRUE 911 fan, this whole Cayman S thing is comical to you.

It's like going to see Louis C.K. and when you get there it's Dane Cook and everybody is telling you "Well, he's hot now and he's SOOOOO funny! Just as good as Louis C.K." and you really want to believe it but after two jokes you're really bummed you're there and five years later you're REALLY upset about the whole thing because people are all like "who the hell is Dane Cook?"