Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

On the last day of our New York road trip in our 2013 Porsche 911, we start in Indianapolis and motor into Manhattan around 1 a.m. We've finally arrived.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    "The Right Stuff". It's tough to have to take such a long trip solo. Thanks for letting us know what it was like in this car. Surprised about the seat bottom, though.
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    I dunno, Erin...I think you're proving my point for me. Couple of days ago I said that was a sucky trip to take but you said no, just have to man up, so to speak...but since then you have been beefing more with every post, about what a killer schedule, no fun roads, crappy weather, bad traffic, not-nice drivers, valets won't help you, etc. Whatever...and I bet the guy took your $20 and gave the car back dirty.
  • Options
    ericheseriches Member Posts: 80
    @ fordson1: Ah, well, the $20 was more of a don't-crash-the-car stipend. And honestly, Magrath would have been upset if the valets had washed the car. One of the rules of this trip is that no one gets to wash the car until it's over.
  • Options
    ericheseriches Member Posts: 80
    @ noburgers: Regarding the seat bottom, I suspect the problem has more to do with me that the actual design of the seat. To date, I've not heard anyone else on staff complain about it.
  • Options
    yaymx5_yaymx5_ Member Posts: 49
    I'd prefer the manual, too! :)
  • Options
    fordson1fordson1 Unconfirmed Posts: 1,512
    Don't-crash-the-car-stipend - well-put! Know what? If YOU enjoyed the trip, that's what matters...and all road trips, even tough ones, have a memorable takeaway. If you travel ten days out of the year, and then five years later try to remember what you did that year, the other 355 days might be a blur, but you will remember the ten.
  • Options
    jnj2455jnj2455 Member Posts: 1
    No one in their right mind enjoys taking their private car into NY. Most of us prefer taking mass transit in just so we don't have to deal with the headache of traffic and what to do with our cars afterwards. I've only driven my own car into the city twice and handling a manual during NY rush hour is hell.

You should be happy that you casually drove down 78 at that late of an hour and only had bare minimal wait at the Lincoln. Both the Lincoln and Holland typically have heinous amounts of traffic.

Otherwise, welcome. I can't wait to do my own epic road trip from the northeast to the northwest and down to California.
  • Options
    zcalvertzcalvert Member Posts: 76
    I-80 is a more direct route into NYC, but with the exceptions of I-76 very close to philly, it's not really any more rural or devoid of trucks.
    The state cops are similarly lenient on both roads; but there tends to be considerably more major truck crashes on I-80.