Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Read daily updates on our long-term road test of the 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet and follow along as our editors live with this car for a year.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    Amen. Now for God's sake, wash that beautiful car
  • jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    Exactly why I like the 911 over the Boxster - beauty and the back seat. But is that worth an additional $30K?
  • wolff2011wolff2011 Member Posts: 4
    I can't believe you parked so close to other cars. I've only got a Speed3 and I park the thing in the farthest corners of lots to avoid door dings. Drives my family nuts.
  • yaymx5_yaymx5_ Member Posts: 49
    @wolff2011 it's a fleet car though. I wouldn't be all that concerned either if I were driving a 911 fleet car.
  • sharpendsharpend Member Posts: 177
    "Great Family Car" is BS.

There are plenty of other cars out there that are MUCH better for a family. A Cayenne, for example, is a much better family car.

In no way is a 911 Cabriolet a 'great family car.'
  • shawnjishawnji Member Posts: 3
    Still very practical, maybe as practical as it can get with a car of this caliber of design and performance. I love my rear two doors, but I can probably learn to live w/o them. Oh those wheels are in serious need of a wash & polish
  • wolvesqwolvesq Member Posts: 20
    @jederino: I owned a 997 for a few years. If we were talking about the prior generation of boxsters, I'd say the 911 premium was worth it. Now, I seriously doubt it. The new boxsters (and by the looks of it, incoming caymans,) are just too good. If I
  • DLuDLu Member Posts: 94
    GT-R fits two carseats
  • DLuDLu Member Posts: 94
    My RX-8 R3 has more backseat room (by pure numbers) than an Audi A5/S5 and has "freestyle" doors that allow better ingress/egress, but I only jokingly call it a "daddymobile." A sports car fulfills the duty of the extra fun car. I have the minivan for hauling my kids.

You know, there is only a relatively small window of time during which the kids are old enough to get in and out of their seats unassisted, but small enough to fit on that little shelf we pretend are backseats in a sports car.