Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Erin Riches hands me the keys to our 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet to take it back to L.A.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    So much for German engineering excellence. For me a cruise control failure would require a trip to the dealer or a tow. My ankles have gone wimpy after driving with the cruise for so long. Aslo, I cannot fathom even trying to listen to a radio with the top down. It would just be too noisy for me.
  • exnevadan_exnevadan_ Member Posts: 25
    as a fairly frequent user of the Mass Pike, I rarely have trouble maintaining speeds in excess of the posted limit, in an effort to keep pace with the other vehicles of course. as a "fast lane" or "easy pass" user, I figure that sooner or later a ticket will be generated and sent my way since the Pike operators certainly know when a "fast lane" transponder times in and out as well as the distance between the tolls, hence average speed. hasn't happened yet despite a few 75-80 mph average cross state trips.
  • yaymx5_yaymx5_ Member Posts: 49
    Did the cruise control start working again? Or, is this going to require a trip to the dealer?
  • remdogremdog Member Posts: 3
    @exnevadan

I'm surprised that you've gotten tickets based on average speed, that is not used on the Mass Pike. I'm guessing that you were ticketed for speeding through the actual toll (40mph instead of 25 or something), because that does happen.

And i
  • seppoboyseppoboy Member Posts: 93
    The problem with the Mass Pike is not the speed limit, or even the constant police presence, but the Mass drivers, probably the worst in North America. Typical behavior on the Pike is a 65mph center lane tailgater who suddenly changes to the right lane, drives 85 or 90 for a few miles, weaving in the lanes, and later gets passed doing 55. No rhyme or reason, just because. That's just a small sampling of the Mass driver fauna on the Pike, the stories can go on for hours.