Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2015 Porsche Macan First Drive

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2015 Porsche Macan First Drive

A first drive in the 2015 Porsche Macan SUV reveals a fast, fun-to-drive SUV that's also surprisingly practical and well-equipped.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    Did you know that every paint color except black or white is optional extra cost? Hell, everything is extra cost. Do Porche people ever get bothered by this nickel and diming? I like the last line of the article, "...if those are holding you back, this isn't the SUV for you." Probably not.
  • tacomamudpittacomamudpit Member Posts: 65
    "Appears" a nice ride, I always need to see it in person first. As far as price goes, editors of course always state "With a base price of $50,895 for the Macan S" Key word "BASE." These SUV's comes load, so BASE is all relative - this is a $60,000 thousand dollar + SUV with tax/options. The Macan Turbo - I'll bet this mean machine could top $70-grand+ with Tax/options. Makes a person think allot more about "BASE" price. Of course all Automakers use this strategy, just say'in!
  • aston_dbsaston_dbs Member Posts: 19
    Why do Porsche pronounce this as 'Makhan'? In Indonesian, it means 'eat'!
    They supposedly pronounce the 'c' in 'Macan' as in 'champion' instead of 'camping'; then it will be properly means 'Tiger' in Indonesian... Good grief...
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    anesthesiologists and surgeons have just found their new winter vehicle
  • bankerdannybankerdanny Member Posts: 1,021
    Other than the fact that it says Porsche on it, is there really any good reason to get this over the Q5? And is there sufficient difference between the S and the Turbo to justify the extra cost?
  • cjasiscjasis Member Posts: 274
    @bankerdanny - according to Porsche and those few who have driven both the Audi SQ5 and the Macan S and Macan Turbo... if you really like driving, then the answer is yes. If you're not going to drive hard, then no.

To all the nay sayers... anyone want
  • juddholl10juddholl10 Member Posts: 84
    @tacomamudpit:

These cars can top $80k and $100k. Not hard to do.
  • cbrandi_cbrandi_ Member Posts: 40
    It's a sorry state of affairs when Porsche is forced to produce a SUV for its VW owners. Or is the obese Americans who can't fit in a 911 and therefore need a wider cabin.
  • themandarinthemandarin Member Posts: 436
    "Much to its credit, Porsche kept the design of the Macan's backside simple." Why is this credit worthy?
  • 300zxguy300zxguy Member Posts: 1
    because the front is pretty busy, I suppose the author finds it worthy of note that the backside is not similarly embellished.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Am I the only one who thinks all these "pictures" are rendered? They look like bad CGI, worse than Starship Troopers in 1997.