Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Porsche

image2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet Long-Term Road Test

Read daily updates on our long-term road test of the 2013 Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet and follow along as our editors live with this car for a year.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• duck87duck87 Member Posts: 649
    Ed, does the PDK exhibit any lurch/laziness/indecision at crawling speeds (0-5 mph)? That's always been the achilles heel of DSGs.
  • gilchygilchy Member Posts: 8
    Wonder how much of the ride comfort is those 20s, as mentioned in the previous blog entry.
  • jpnpowerjpnpower Member Posts: 0
    Hey Edmunds, nice car!
    But remember what you are, and what you need, and that buying a Porsche doesn't help. Your website sucks. We would much rather have a better website without a Porsche. Also, many others companies have uber flashy LT tests, yet we stay at IL for a reason. Don't forget that reason. For many, we come for the Long Term Test, not for the cars. Remember that.
  • jeepsrtjeepsrt Member Posts: 88
    I love the new site! It only takes 3 clicks to see comments rather than 1 like it was on Insideline, way to make it better for consumers Edmunds.
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Member Posts: 799
    Now that comments are back I'll comment on the Porsche in general, great move! This transition has been rough on all of us, but seeing Edmunds actually spend significant money on buying a very cool car for the fleet definitely makes me feel better at least. We're not being abandoned here. Yes, the site layout needs work, but that can and probably will happen. Just keep the feedback constructive. Look, comments are back, the link to each LT blog has a date fort he most recent update, and there really is plenty of content coming in.

My bit of constructive feedback: I'd love to have a link back to the main LT test page from the comments page. Currently I can only get back to the main page for that particular vehicle from the comments page.
  • jederinojederino Member Posts: 0
    "serves it up in seconds" seems quite slow for a gear change, but you mean it is really quick, correct? Los Angeles in the winter is probably the best time to have a rag top because the sun doesn't blast you quite as much.
  • bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    im looking forward to your assessment of this car will be very interesting to compare because the more "civilian" marques have really stepped up their flagships so it will be interesting to compare a flagship ford/dodge,chevy compared to an (almost) entry level lexury-sportscar.
  • bassracerxbassracerx Member Posts: 188
    i just want to be able to see the Inside-Line content as one continuous feed like you could before and i would be happy. i used to log on 1 or 2 times a day and just start at the top and go down until i left off last time.
  • cuselancer17cuselancer17 Member Posts: 53
    Those seats sure dont look like much. Glad to hear they are comfortable in a $100,000 car.
  • bryan__tbryan__t Member Posts: 23
    Just checking to see if the comment function is actually working now.
  • cobrysoncobryson Member Posts: 110
    Does commenting actually work now???
  • yaymx5_yaymx5_ Member Posts: 49
    "It not only picks the right gear at the right time, it serves it up in seconds." What? Do garden-variety autotragics serve gears up in...minutes?
  • cuselancer17cuselancer17 Member Posts: 53
    how is it possible that the last post on this brand new long term car was a week ago? In addition to the "rough around the edges" new format (where i cant see what anyone else wrote, before i post?) theres barely any new content. So let down.
  • wolff2011wolff2011 Member Posts: 4
    I agree - how is it that you bought one of the most desirable cars in the world and you haven't posted anything new in a week? Is everyone on vacation? You guys are sucking big time.
  • shawnjishawnji Member Posts: 3
    I wonder how different the implementation of the PDK here is from VW's DSG, from what I understand they both pre-select gears in the same way. Do I need to comment so I can see other comments??