Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Rolls-Royce Wraith vs. 2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed Le Mans Edition

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Rolls-Royce

image2014 Rolls-Royce Wraith vs. 2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed Le Mans Edition

We compare the two finest ultra-luxury coupes, the 2014 Rolls-Royce Wraith and the 2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed, to see which one takes the high-dollar crown.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• emajoremajor Member Posts: 332
    As someone with so much less purchasing power than the intended market for these cars, I don't know if I have the right to make any comments about the vehicles. So I won't. I must say I have a touch of shameful class envy for anyone capable of dropping this much money on a depreciating asset. If Edmunds wants to make this review even more relevant for most of its readers, it could provide an analysis of who is buying them. Age, income bracket, profession, and most importantly what factors caused them to choose it over something else in the price range.
  • markinnaples_markinnaples_ Member Posts: 251
    I can appreciate the drive of the Rolls, but that rear end just looks hideous to me and would push me to the Bentley, but the V-8 version for the better driving dynamics. Nice test, however.
  • jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    I want to like the Rolls, I really do. But... The Rolls is so classically British- meaning the details don't quite mesh. Check out where the dash meets the side panel. It looks like its from the wrong car. And I also would have preferred a notchback with a nice thick C-pillar.
    The Bentley benefits from the endless talent at VW Audi Porsche NWO. Every detail works with every other detail. Plus it's a second generation so the bugs are worked out. But Bentley is a step down in cost so they always compare the Speed models to Rolls, and a stiffly sprung race version isn't for most drivers. In both cases I'd really opt for the sedan versions.
  • mmmm4mmmm4 Member Posts: 8
    Both great Hi lux GT's but marginal gain over a new MBZ S and the upcoming CL, which is a two doored S class in interior quality makes you wonder who buys these things just so they can drive a more unique car for a price delta of over $100k+
  • joe_scubajoe_scuba Member Posts: 2
    The Bentley has the looks, the RR no so much.
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    That opening photo makes the RR look like a Dodge Challenger swallowed a Fiat 500. I'll take mine in red, hold the Grey Poupon.
  • bassrockerxbassrockerx Member Posts: 24
    i can understand the suspension being as remarkable as they say it is but a v12 with two turbos and only 590 torque and 600 horswpower i'll take the mercedes CL and take 800l/b foot of torque. I might even ship it to brabus and get 1200 horsepower out of it. since i'm already spending why stop there?
  • jeffinohjeffinoh Member Posts: 156
    Why do people critique a car by saying it looks like another one? The Rolls has four wheels so it looks like an F-150. Is that insightful or informative? Probably not.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    You guys really lost a huge, and extremely entertaining opportunity to throw the LT Benz Cl 65 into the mix. A poor man's Bentley (it really is) that destroys these two boats from a motor standpoint.

p.s Magrath, a baby cow is a calf. Or maybe you also call zebras stripey horses?
    ;)