Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 Scion FR-S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,126
edited September 2014 in Scion

image2013 Scion FR-S Long-Term Road Test

Memorial Day approaching, we used our 2013 Scion FR-S to transport outdoor grilling necessities.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• akula1akula1 Posts: 0
    What happened that you had to pull up the left side of the trunk liner to leave that atrocious fit/finish?
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Posts: 799
    A bag of charcoal would be safer and make the food taste better. Just saying...
  • hybrishybris Posts: 365
    As a trained propane service tech I can tell you even if you can't get anymore propane out of a tank to light your grill there are still enough vapors to dangerously pressurize your tanks.

So in the end NEVER transport a propane tank on its side even if it is "empty".
  • jederinojederino Posts: 0
    These can stay upright in the backseat floors, right? Cavemen have been doing this for millenia...
  • stovt001_stovt001_ Posts: 799
    I don't know anything about propane. Why is laying it on its side a problem?
  • darthbimmerdarthbimmer Posts: 606
    As I scrolled down the page I initially caught only a glimpse of the picture and my immediate thought was, "Tanks in the trunk? HOT DANG they're starting real mods on that FR-S!!" But then I saw it was just propane for tanks for the barbecue grill. Bummer.
  • Isn't it true that empty containers of flammable materials are more dangerous than full containers?
  • hybrishybris Posts: 365
    @stovt001 The reason why you never lay propane tanks down is because the pressure relief valve is on top and it is designed to only work when upright. Thus when a tank is on it side instead of releasing the minute amount of propane vapor pressure it build