Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 Scion FR-S Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited September 2014 in Scion

image2013 Scion FR-S Long-Term Road Test

Our long-term 2013 Scion FR-S recently had an Innovate twin-screw supercharger installed, and this is what it sounds like.

Read the full story here

Tagged:

Comments

• hooninaroundhooninaround Member Posts: 40
    I love the whine that a supercharger makes. I used to own a 2005 Ford Lightning, it had its faults (the interior!), but wow when ever I opened it up it screamed, pushed you into the seat, and made a terrific noise! I loved that truck, should'a never sold it (sigh).
  • hooninaroundhooninaround Member Posts: 40
    On a separate note, update us on the MX-5! What's going on with it? Is the engine swap finally happening?! I haven't heard from the little guy in too long, is he dead? J-Kav? At least tell us he's not dead!
  • musclecarfancymusclecarfancy Member Posts: 5
    Isn't it an Apexi exhaust?
  • banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    can you tape the issue with the car's drivability at low rpm?
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    Cannot see your video as I suspect Instagram demands I use cookies. Not. Going. To. Happen.
  • noburgersnoburgers Member Posts: 500
    @hoonin there are still a number of cars without an update for about 2 weeks to 2+ months (CR-V, Miata, Buick GN, Focus). Maybe there aren't enough editors left to drive them all and report. I know the Lexus is sold, so there should be a wrap-up coming
  • gaiakaigaiakai Member Posts: 0
    I thought you guys had Apexi for the exhaust?
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    @noburgers I think what we are seeing here is a systematic way of shutting down the long term test fleet as we know it. It started with the new format and we are seeing cars go un-updated for extended periods of time so I think eventually we see the fleet
  • tlangnesstlangness Member Posts: 123
    Sorry about that guys - you're correct we do have an Apex-i on the car. I mistakenly listed it as Greddy. @hybris - there's absolutely no plan to shut down the fleet. There are a few cars that are no longer in the fleet that we're definitely working on wrap-ups for. Stay tuned.
  • hybrishybris Member Posts: 365
    @tlangness Thank you the answer. It was far more then what I was expecting.